Fitness and your ability to ride a mountain bike all day is key to your enjoyment and ability to complete the ride. You need to be a cycling enthusiast with above average fitness. The riding is amazing and very much mountain biking – particularly on the Frenchmans, Telegraph, Coach Road and CREB Tracks with their crystal clear creek crossings, steep hills and flowing trails.
Your bike needs to be of a cross country / marathon nature and fitted with tubeless tyres (compulsory). It needs to be serviced beforehand.
What to bring
You’ll need to bring your own bike, riding and camping gear including tent, sleeping bag and mattress. We’ll transport this for you but it all needs to fit into a standard domestic airline bag (ie No Swags). We’ll provide everything else required for 8 days in the bush.
Riding in a group with the comfort of a support vehicle means that your every need will be catered for, from flat tyres to first aid and refreshments. We (your guides) are both qualified IMBA Instructors and have over 50 years of cycling experience between us. Additionally our support people will drive the fully equipped vehicle carrying all your gear as well as comprehensive communication and emergency response equipment.
- There are limited spots available on each tour.
- After you receive confirmation of your registration you need to secure your spot by paying the non refundable deposit within the requested time.
- Full payment is required 2 months prior to departure
- If you cancel your spot 30 to 60 days before departure we can refund 50% of the full payment , if you cancel less than 30 days before departure we are unable to offer a refund.
- The ride goes through a remote region and the guides reserve the right to alter the itinerary due to road, weather, operational and safety concerns. If the trip is cancelled, postponed or shortened, payment will be altered accordingly.
- The pack will average upto 25km/h on good roads – if you cant comfortably ride at this speed in a pack this ride isn’t for you.
- As there are significant distances and attractions planned for each day. A slow rider, who’s holding up the group may be asked to take a break in the support vehicle.
- The support vehicle has a limited number of seats – please don’t start the ride anticipating using the vehicle as a bail out option – its really only there for emergency
- All riders must comply with directions given by Guides and sign an indemnity form.
- Cape York Adventures is not responsible or liable for loss or damage to personal belongings, personal injury, accident or illness.
- We recommend travel insurance to cover expensive personal items (bike, camera etc), injury or illness, evacuation or unforeseen cancellation, including as a result of COVID and airline disruptions.
- You must have a sense of humour